Saturday 19 October 2013

Pacific Rim (2013) - Film directed by Guillermo del Toro

* * * * *

Amazing. I was literally sitting in the cinema taking moments every few minutes to think 'This is amazing!'. The CGI is flawless and although many may think that robots vs aliens would be stale it isn't because both are uniquely created; I've never seen robots or aliens created the ways these were. The plot is pretty good and on the way back my friend and I couldn't find the usual plot holes you get in films like this. 


The aliens were awesome because they were really interestingly designed. They weren't typical looking aliens but they also weren't simply dinosaurs, they had their own essence. It was also good how they were all unique to each other because it made the fighting sequences much more interesting because you never really knew what the people were up against. 

The robots are also awesome. They're less original because I'm pretty sure I've seen something somewhere where people are connected mentally and have to work together but it ties in nicely with the story. The sheer scale of the robots is really interesting though and I think anyone watching the film would want to have a go in one. 

The characters are good because you genuinely care about their different stories (which are all very different). Each character has one other who they have a strong bond with, be it parental or love or friendship, and so you want to see them both ride through the adventures together. The main character's acting I sometimes found slightly questionable but it didn't detract from the rest of the film and most of the cast was so strong that the guy probably just looked poor in comparison.

I could go on and on about the film because it was really good. I couldn't recommend to anyone watching it online because part of what makes it good is how it looks. Watch it in a cinema if possible or wait for DVD but watch it and love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment